Most Rev. Milan Lach is the fifth and current bishop of the Eparchy of Parma in the Ruthenian Byzantine Catholic Church. Born in Slovakia, he was ordained a priest in 2001 and received a doctorate from the Pontifical Oriental Institute in Rome in 2009. In 2018, he was named as eparch [bishop] of Parma by Pope Francis. In today’s episode, we discuss:
- The different Eastern Catholic churches and their history
- Whether or not Eastern Catholics are “Orthodox in Union with Rome” or Roman Catholic
- If a Latin-rite Catholic can receive the sacraments at an Eastern Catholic church
- The differences between Eastern and Western Christianity in theology, liturgy, devotions, and sacred art
- Whether or not married priests are a good idea
- The likelihood of reunion between Catholics and Orthodox
- And more!